tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: multiple languages...
Date Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:04:59 GMT
Hi Dion,

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> Currently the code does most of the code generation work at end of document
> processing, so it theoretically isn't too hard to change the existing
> implementation to build an XML document on the fly during the handle*
> methods and then process at the end...is this what you'd envisioned??

This has soort of been on my TODO list for a while. Once we have a good JSP -->
XML mapping that everyone is happy with, we should certainly do this.

I've even wanted to modify JspParseEventListener to become an XML parse event
listener (I forget the actual name.).

> Other things in this context on my 'hot list' are command line compiles for
> example....is that currently done?
>
> I couldn't find a main() in org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspCompiler...

+1.

Do you want to give this a shot? The TODO list actually has an entry for this.
This JSP engine used to have a main but all that broke when I was implementing
tag extensions.

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)