tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <cmcclana...@mytownnet.com>
Subject Re: Short Term Plan: Add Security Management Capabilities toTomcat
Date Sun, 17 Oct 1999 03:59:35 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Hans Bergsten wrote:
> >
> > Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> > > IMVHO This should be attributes, so they could be defined in the DTD as
> > > IDREF and the whole stuff can be validated by the parser.
> >
> > I buy that, so how about:
> >
> > <tomcatpasswd>
> >   <user name="duncan" password="32kalkf902"/>
> >   <user name="craigmcc" password="23asdfjask2"/>
> >   <user name="costin" password="659asdfk39"/>
> >   <user name="brianb" password="523asdfk19"/>
> >
> >   <group name="pmc">
> >     <user-member name="duncan"/>
> >     <user-member name="cragmcc"/>
> >   </group>
> >   <group name="committer">
> >     <group-member name="pmc"/>
> >     <user-member name="costin"/>
> >   </group>
> >
> >   <role name="projectCoordinator">
> >     <group-member name="pmc"/>
> >     <user-member name="brianb"/>
> >   </role>
> >   <role name="developer">
> >     <anyone/>
> >   </role>
> > </tomcatpasswd>
> >
> Bingo...
> This should be the DTD (hopefully correct, I didn't checked it!).
>
>         Pier

Explicity defining the concept of groups is more than I needed, but I don't
have any problem with it.  It's all going to hide inside a business object
anyway, so there's only one place that the actual DTD matters.

The DTD you suggested looks pretty good.  Most of this is a really
straightforward set of JavaBeans, but you guys just *had* to have an "anyone"
concept, to make life interesting, didn't you!   :-).

Craig