tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <cmcclana...@mytownnet.com>
Subject Re: Something wrong with CVS??????
Date Fri, 15 Oct 1999 02:51:04 GMT
Harish Prabandham wrote:

> ? test
> ? src/shell/serverlog.txt
> ? src/shell/work
> cvs server: Updating .
> cvs server: Updating moz
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
> `/home/cvs/jakarta-tomcat/moz': Permission denied
> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
> `/home/cvs/jakarta-tomcat/moz'
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>
> Anyone else seeing this.....

Yep, just happened to me as well.  It looks like a permissions problem
on the "moz" directory in the repository.  Duncan (since you own the
directory) or Brian (who can do anything and everything :-), could you
please do this:

    cd /home/cvs/jakarta-tomcat
    chmod g+w moz

All the other directories have group write permissions, but this one
does not.

Craig