tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core Context.java
Date Fri, 15 Oct 1999 01:56:06 GMT
"Anil K. Vijendran" wrote:

> Ok. Let me understand this better. We're trying to
>
>   1. change the name from servlet.classpath to org.apache.jasper.classpath,

Yes

>   2. it would show in getAttributeNames()

Okay, I said it was probably a good idea if it doesn't but now I'm not sure.
Why not treat it as any other context attribute? This one happens to be
set by the servlet context itself but we have a similar example with the
tmp dir attribute which is part of the spec. I suggest we handle this one
the same way.

>   3. it wouldn't be modified in setAttribute() -- what is the right thing to
>      do throw an exception? i don't like it. ignore it silently?

Same as above; it can be changed.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com