tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core Context.java
Date Fri, 15 Oct 1999 01:22:44 GMT
> Good points, Jason. I'll look into the getAttributeNames() thingy.

I'm not real eager to see this appear with a gAN() call.  It'll be ugly
to have in the reference impl (and I'm paying attention to this since
I'll either have to explain this bloody thing in my book or risk having
readers ask why there's this attrib in *their* Tomcat server that's not
shown in my Tomcat screen shot -- either way a yuck).

> Also, I don't want to allow someone to setAttribute, this one
> ("servlet.classpath"). (Security?) What do you think?

I say mangle the name and leave the hack in getAttribute(), and unless
you look at the src you won't notice.  As it stands you might notice
since it's a commonish name.

> However, if someone wants to pick the
> JSP engine and use it with their servlet engine, we felt some name
> slightly more neutral (since it isn't a servlet engine from the Apache
> software project) would be better.

It's passing information TO the Tomcat JSP engine, so mangling the name
according to the component receiving the info seems fine.
org.apache.jasper.classpath or something.

-jh-