tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Anil K. Vijendran" <...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core Context.java
Date Fri, 15 Oct 1999 01:14:49 GMT
Good points, Jason. I'll look into the getAttributeNames() thingy.

Also, I don't want to allow someone to setAttribute, this one
("servlet.classpath"). (Security?) What do you think?

Other vendors don't need to implement it; if this attribute isn't present
then we try to use an init parameter. However, if someone wants to pick the
JSP engine and use it with their servlet engine, we felt some name slightly
more neutral (since it isn't a servlet engine from the Apache software
project) would be better.

Re: name,  whatever brings consensus is fine.