tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML configuration revisited
Date Tue, 12 Oct 1999 21:03:39 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, but I think these two are contraddicting... How can you have a
> > DTD if you don't know the elements that are in your XML file? Either you
> > generate a DTD depending on your Apache configuration (so for whatever
> > module gets compiled in or loaded as DSO) or you cannot properly
> > "validate" (in the strict term of validation against a DTD) the source.
>
> Exactly. This is the point I'm making (which is why I keep calling it an
> XDTD).

Ah... Ok... Understood. So, you're not validating unsing a standard DTD,
but using a custom validator you designed using a custom document
declaration file that you called XDTD...
So your XML is not "VALID". (Let's use the strictness of the terms as
they are defined in the XML spec, otherwise we'll all get confused!)

	Pier
--
Pierpaolo Fumagalli - IBM Center for Java Technologies
<mailto:pifum18@us.ibm.com>   <mailto:pier@apache.org>