tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML configuration revisited
Date Mon, 11 Oct 1999 23:23:01 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> No, Apache config _is_ validated.
>
> [...]
>
> Well, that's cool, but I'm not sure I understand the "own DTD" aspect:
> we require a mix (that is, a module needs to be able to say "these tags
> are valid within that other modules tag-so-and-so").

Sorry, but I think these two are contraddicting... How can you have a
DTD if you don't know the elements that are in your XML file? Either you
generate a DTD depending on your Apache configuration (so for whatever
module gets compiled in or loaded as DSO) or you cannot properly
"validate" (in the strict term of validation against a DTD) the source.

	Pier
--
Pierpaolo Fumagalli - IBM Center for Java Technologies
<mailto:pifum18@us.ibm.com>   <mailto:pier@apache.org>