tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Troy Poppe <t...@sba.miami.edu>
Subject XML/DTD/XSchema
Date Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:24:41 GMT
Have we considered the possibility of 'building' the DTD/XSchema/whatever
(hereafter refered to as a definition) at runtime when the XML configuration
information is parsed?  Each module of the server (framework) would have its
own definition specs (ie. what tags are valid where).  Given some interface
(what we hope to define), a module registers what elements are valid, what
are not, their contexts, etc. with this service.  The service then in turn
generates a valid definition for use as a server definition.

At that point it is up to the service for how to implement this (and I know
that this is still a major point).

It would seem that this would give a fair amount of abstraction, and allow
for some powerful extensibility.

- Troy