tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henrik Vendelbo <hvende...@bluprints.com>
Subject Re: XML/DTD/XSchema
Date Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:52:00 GMT
Nice suggestion.

A variation is that only defined structures are checked against

<tag1 x="10" y="12">
  <subtag/>
</tag1 >

<tag2 z="44"/>

now if tag1 is defined (and the above tag1 is legal re definition)
while tag2 has not been defined,
then the configuration is legal.

This approach would allow for experimentation and enforcing structure
gradually as modules mature.

On 12-10-99, 20:24:41, Troy Poppe <troy@sba.miami.edu> wrote regarding
XML/DTD/XSchema:

> Have we considered the possibility of 'building' the
DTD/XSchema/whatever