tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <james.t...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: config diag, etc
Date Wed, 04 Aug 1999 02:41:48 GMT

Kit McCormick wrote:

> Ahhh.. i've been waiting for the fine print ever since the lovefest of
> JavaOne.  Now we have it.

dude ... there is no fine print here. no grand objectives then
simply to do the right thing. i've built lots of systems in the
past and the "configuration aspect" is often overlooked, in my
experience, and i'm simply offering my perspective on what i'd
do different if i had to do it all over again. that and a perspective
as to what tomcat (one of many possible clients) is ready to
tackle.

> Lest we forget: most of the apache sites on the planet run on boxes what
> are not officialy supported by the sun JVM.

your stating well known, appreciated and supported facts. i've
used apache years back and it did me proud. what i can take away
from this statement though is that this is further support for
a "distributed/decoupled" remote configuration service over open
communications protocols (eg http). yes?

- james