tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: request for review: server/config discussion
Date Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:42:12 GMT

Troy Poppe <troy@usite.net> wrote:

>Hrm, I'm going to have to think about this.... I'm not exactly
>sure how that'd work... but it does sound feasible.... XML writing
>XML.... we're pushing envelopes here gentlemen/ladies...

Actually, it sounds like XSLT.  See http://usa-1.w3.org/TR/WD-xslt .

My 2 cents on the pie in the sky: stick with the DOM as your API.  There will be
a plethora of options by which the XML can be aggregated and/or produced; from
the brain dead simple (flat file) and - for those that like that sort of thing -
some deliciously wicked methods bearing a striking resemblance to a true Rube
Goldberg contraption.