tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <james.t...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: server/config discussion
Date Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:56:38 GMT

cool. can you expand on this a bit more? i must admit that my
mind is presently focussed more at the "webserver.xml" (server
config) level vs the webApp(s) web.xml level but it is none the
less important.

how do you see this unfolding (web.xml and/or webserver.xml)?

do you see some functional overlap?

btw, i am working with my j2ee/ri colleagues and with tomcat
it is trivial to add a new context (webApp) at anytime. i'm
going to consider copying the tomcat "shutdown" code (which
is really just an rmi hook to the running http server) to
proto in a "readNewContext" type method. in short, adding new
contexts to a running tomcat is trivial ... now to flesh out
the api's to allow for more options.

- james