tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Which Apache Version?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:56:30 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:
> >
> > Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> > > Definitely I think that we should forget about backward compatibility
> > > with 1.2 for an infinite number of reasons. The best solution is to
> > > start with the 1.3 tree and then to check the C code we produce also
> > > against the APR version of it (Apache 2.0 APR 0.1)...
> >
> > You should also look at the MPM version. That's where the most
> > interesting stuff is happening (IMO). If modifications are needed it'd
> > be nice to hear about them while we are in experimentation mode.
> >
> And here is comes out how I DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT APACHE :)))
> (Clap your hands please :)
>
> Sorry, err... ehmmm... what is MPM??? I just read the summarys from Ken
> and, there's no summary about it... :)

:-) MPM is the version some of us are playing with that allows for
different process models (prefork, threaded of various flavours and so
on). It also has a new hooking mechanism and multiprotocol support (as
of yesterday).

It lives in the apache-2.0 tree, under mpm.

I've forgotten what MPM stands for (something to do with process models,
I think - ask Dean Gaudet).

Cheers,

Ben.

--