tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Which Apache Version?
Date Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:06:06 GMT
"Anil K. Vijendran" wrote:

> Folks,
>
> A couple of us here are wondering what your thoughts are on the Apache
> versions Jakarta/Tomcat should run on?

Definitely I think that we should forget about backward compatibility
with 1.2 for an infinite number of reasons. The best solution is to
start with the 1.3 tree and then to check the C code we produce also
against the APR version of it (Apache 2.0 APR 0.1)...
Anyway, Costin Manolanche is our expert for Apache versioning, and
luckily, it's just in the office next yours (hopefully!)... He analyzed
a lot of Apache internals while writing mod_java, and I believe he's one
of the most expert in that field who worked with Java Apache and
Apache...

Some other good opinions should be gathered by Jean Luc Rochat, he's the
one who mostly developed, together w/ Bernie Bernstein, the JServ load
balancing code, but I don't know if they are subscribers of this mailing
list... (this message was CCed 'em!)

	Pier