tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <>
Subject Re: request for review: server/config discussion
Date Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:35:28 GMT
"Carreira, Jason" wrote:
> [...]

not directly. with tomcat there are two areas of configuration,
each of which is formatted in xml yet one is, at the moment,
specified by tomcat whereas the other is indeed specified by
j2ee (ejb, servlet, etc).

the webserver.xml is the tomcat config format. light and lean.
it maps directly to two primary objects in tomcat (i'll put
more of this in the discussion doc). the web.xml is the xml
which is context specific. if your familiar with the jswdk
WEB-INF/*properties today ... those will go away and be replaced
with a WEB-INF/web.xml.

this thread here is, in my mind, focused around server config
(webserver.xml) but it should be aware of component configurations
(web.xml) as an item on the radar but not perhaps in the center
of the screen at the moment.

- james

View raw message