tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <james.t...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: request for review: server/config discussion
Date Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:08:17 GMT
Troy Poppe wrote:

> > today i'll kick out another copy of the discussion points
> > to date with a bit more stronger (ie must, shall, can)
> > statements so as to knock down any remaining roadblocks
> > so that we can start fleshing these concepts out a bit
> > (eg identifying factorable entities, next level design
> > discussion, proto-type, etc).
>
> Where are you going to post this?

to this list ... i posted one awhile back. this will only
be the second rev but it is at least something we can all
kick about and refine. bigger picture, i'd like to see an
editable html doc tree housed within the jakarta site so
that we can more easily read the contents, link to/from
relevant info and multiple authors can more readily collaborate
on the details.

till then, i've just kick started this discussion with
a supporting "request for discussion" doc to capture the
goals and decission points. i'm bringing to the table a
practical perspective to a portion of code sun will be
contributing (jswdk: servlet and jsp ri coupled with an
http 1.0 server all implemented in 100% java which has
an xml configuration element and is gaining more, namely
j2ee deployment descriptors) and some ideas as to where
this theme could/should proceed.

hope this helps,

- james