tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <james.t...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: request for review: server/config discussion
Date Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:41:24 GMT
Tom Clarke wrote:

> So to allow access via LDAP you either:
>     a) write your own min-LDAP server or
>     b) write a plug-in for an existing one.

extend an existing ldap server are my thoughts ... but i
also feel ldap might fall down the queue a bit unless we
feel it provides an ample amount of bang over other protocols
and/or an ldap guru gets on board to make it happen.

> I assume you mean an XML file which includes other XML files, which are
> possibly of different DTDs.
>
> e.g.:
>     serverdependentconfig.xml includes:
>     /webroot/serverindepentconfig.xml

i believe i saw an example somewhere where an xml file
could reference a dtd which in turn could reference
another dtd (the last possibly containing some share
and changing ?seed? data used by the more core dtd).
i could be off a bit here so we'll need to experiment.

regardless, these ideas should be captured to keep us
on the straight and narrow.

- james