tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <james.t...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: request for review: server/config discussion
Date Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:05:03 GMT

> for the first round.  But you can count on me not letting us forget about this
> as a very desirable feature for later rounds.  :-)

good deal. if we do our homework on a good "config service" i
believe servers (tomcat, apache, etc) will have the opportunity
to revist the configuration aspect of dynamic configuration.

you can count me in on this as well. so much so, i was and still
am leaning heavily on using tomcat as the baseline http server
to exploit a dynamic config as i believe it is well positioned
to do so ... cuz it is really a very simple http server. lesson
learned in that cylce should be able to be used for work in other
servers as well.

- james