tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <james.t...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: request for review: server/config discussion
Date Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:58:43 GMT

<:)>
	some tomcatDev discussions ... !fresh!
</:)>

these are my thoughts as well and an area i'd like for us to
drill down on rsn. i think we're comfortable knowing what we
know about the entities which are likely to produce and use
the data ... what differentiates this, in my mind and i believe
yours as well, is that the "configuration service" should make
available in a protocol friendly means the configuration data
(or derived objects) and will singal to clients (most likely
passively) when a "data refresh" is required as the config
data has changed.

- james