tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Clarke" <tcla...@agency.com>
Subject Re: request for review: server/config discussion
Date Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:11:17 GMT
>We've dealt with this up to now by having one configuration file that sits
>just about the webserver root and one that sits just below.

doh! I meant  'just _above_ the webserver root.'

<offtopic>
Is it my imagination or is the Java Date/Calendar API really quite poor
indeed? I think this is on account of Both 'Date' and 'Calendar' storing a
Date. That and there's basic date manipulation facilities missing - there's
also seems to be quite a lot of object creation going on for simple
manipulations.

To make this slightly relevant (and not just a late night gripe ;))- is this
the best API for doing Date manipulation within Jakarta?
</offtopic>

Tom Clarke
Senior Software Engineer
AGENCY.COM