tiles-users mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading Struts-Tiles
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2015 06:42:48 GMT
>> Concerning how we do it for tiles: I don't remember how we did back in in
>> tiles 2.2, it's probably similar to 3.0, which is awkwards. For 3.1 I'm
>> reworking it into just  registering a variable in freemarker's configuration
>> object:
>>
>> https://github.com/nlebas/tiles/blob/master/tiles-freemarker/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/freemarker/TilesFreemarkerServlet.java
>
> That should help, thanks a lot!

This won't work :( Did the same but then I get exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    org.apache.tiles.freemarker.context.FreeMarkerUtil.getCurrentContainer(FreeMarkerUtil.java:148)
    org.apache.tiles.freemarker.template.InsertAttributeFMModel.execute(InsertAttributeFMModel.java:74)
    freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:389)
    freemarker.core.UnifiedCall.accept(UnifiedCall.java:104)
    freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:324)
    freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:54)
    freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:324)
    freemarker.core.Environment.process(Environment.java:302)
    freemarker.template.Template.process(Template.java:325)
    org.apache.struts2.views.freemarker.FreemarkerResult.doExecute(FreemarkerResult.java:233)

As far I understand it requires FreemarkerServlet to be registered
(Struts doesn't use it) and also FM Environment must have Tiles model
registered already :(

Regards
--
Ɓukasz