tiles-users mailing list archives

From "BR Brett Ryan (3456)" <Brett.R...@johnsands.com.au>
Subject Re: MenuItem EL rendering
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 06:35:07 GMT
Have now updated the diff to include test cases.

I am wondering why evaluation tests are done in the implementations instead of at tiles-core
where it's defined? This means there's a lot of duplicated tests for a method that's not been
overridden.

> On 12 Jun 2015, at 14:12, Brett Ryan <brett.ryan@johnsands.com.au> wrote:
>
> Alrighty, I've implemented the support just the way I want it, and wondered if I could
contribute it back.

> What I've done is created a new interface (ExpressionAware) which provides the following
method:

>    void evaluateExpressions(AttributeEvaluator, Request)
>
> This is then called from AbstractAttributeEvaluator.evaluate(Attribute, Request) which
then allows the implementor to update expression values or do set new properties etc. I've
implemented this in the MenuItem class to replace its values when called.

> I'm yet to write unit-tests, I've tested with the MenuItem and it's working perfectly.
>
> You could take this further by instead of Attribute being wired into the expression awareness
in core, it could also implement ExpressionAware to further abstract the expression evaluation.

> If the type is enumerable each item will also have its expressions evaluated (as is the
case with MenuItem.

> Patch attached

>>> Have you looked into the SimpleMenuItem code?
>>> I'd take a stub at implementing what you need there from scratch – it's
>>> pretty simple stuff there.
>>
>> I did, and was thinking about doing it, but I couldn't find what it was that performs
the EL evaluation. I must admit, it was a Thursday afternoon and I was about to head home
so I didn't look terribly hard ;)I'll give it a better look.