tiles-users mailing list archives

From "BR Brett Ryan (3456)" <Brett.R...@johnsands.com.au>
Subject Re: JSP's outside WEB-INF
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 13:32:09 GMT
I think what Is happening Nick is the clients are exiting the files in the generated work folder,
these persist over restarts but not over a new war deployment. It's a hack what they're doing
and I was trying to think of an alternate approach to suggest but forgot about it.

What you could do instead Sistren is provide your clients either the source code or a partially
built distribution with a src/alternate/web folder (maven) which if the client wishes to edit
the JSP content they copy to this folder, build their custom binary and deploy. The reason
for this is to allow your clients to save their custom JSPs for when you provide a new version.

Atlassian Confluence has a similar mechanism albeit slightly more clumsy.