tiles-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Le Bas <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: JSP's outside WEB-INF
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 01:01:43 GMT
Oh... OK.
If you're willing to use maven to modify an existing war file, overlays
(https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/overlays.html) are my
personal favorite :)

> Atlassian Confluence has a similar mechanism albeit slightly more clumsy.

Just curious: isn't Confluence using Velocity as a templating engine,
instead of JSP?

/N

On 15-05-20 09:32 AM, BR Brett Ryan (3456) wrote:
> I think what Is happening Nick is the clients are exiting the files in the generated
work folder, these persist over restarts but not over a new war deployment. It's a hack what
they're doing and I was trying to think of an alternate approach to suggest but forgot about
it.

> What you could do instead Sistren is provide your clients either the source code or a
partially built distribution with a src/alternate/web folder (maven) which if the client wishes
to edit the JSP content they copy to this folder, build their custom binary and deploy. The
reason for this is to allow your clients to save their custom JSPs for when you provide a
new version.