tiles-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Le Bas <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: JSP's outside WEB-INF
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 12:59:24 GMT
Hi Ivo,

What language do you use for templates?

JSPs must always remain within the WAR file, that is a constraint of the
servlet/JSP container. No way around it.

If you're something else but JSP (for instance freemarker or velocity),
there are ways to put the templates outside the WAR file, but they'll
only be available in Tiles 3.1.

For Tiles 2.2, you can put tiles-defs.xml outside by subclassing
ServletTilesApplicationContext, but that's as far as you can go.

Hope this helps,
Nick