tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Jose Luis Martinez Avial" <jlmarti...@pb-santander.com>
Subject Use of expressions to pass attributes to an insertDefintion
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:59:02 GMT
Hello,

                I'm using Tiles 2.2.2. I'm have a definition as follows:

       <definition name="switchable.layout" template="/WEB-INF/jsp/switchable-layout.jsp">

              <put-attribute name="content" value="/WEB-INF/jsp/content-pane-title.jsp"
cascade="true"/>

       </definition>

       I want to insert a definition inside switchable-layout.jsp; and I would like to pass
the attribute content to the definition in the jsp. It should be something as follows:

                <tiles:insertDefinition name="my.layout" flush="true">

                                <tiles:putAttribute  name="menu" value="menu.chunk" cascade="true"/>

                                <tiles:putAttribute  name="content" expression="${content}"
cascade="true"/>

                </tiles:insertDefinition>

                When I do that, I got the following error in the screen:

switchable-layout.jsp:40:39: Static attribute must be a String literal, its illegal to specify
an expression.

       <tiles:putAttribute  name="content" expression="${content}" cascade="true"/>

                                             ^--------^

switchable-layout.jsp:40:39: Static attribute must be a String literal, its illegal to specify
an expression.

       <tiles:putAttribute  name="content" expression="${content}" cascade="true"/>

                How can I pass the attribute from the original definition to the inserted
one?

                Thanks

JL

-------------------------------

José  Luis Martínez-Avial

Web Applications Global Head

Information Technology

Santander Private Banking

1401 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1500, Miami FL 33131

Phone: 305.539.2417

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Banco
Santander International does not accept legal responsibility for
the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Banco Santander International unless otherwise
specifically stated.

Las comunicaciones vía Internet no son seguras y, por lo tanto,
Banco Santander International no asume responsabilidad legal
ni de ningún otro tipo por el contenido de este mensaje.
Cualquier opinión transmitida pertenece únicamente al autor y
no necesariamente representa la opinión de Banco Santander
International, a no ser que esté expresamente detallado.