tiles-users mailing list archives

From Eric B <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Mustache templates?
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:23:57 GMT
On 13-11-05 5:17 PM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:

>> Are there any examples how to use Mustache templates in Tiles?
>
> The datamodel coming into the tiles mustache attribute must also be made
> available, through a separate url, to the client as json.
>
> The mustache template must also be available, through a url, to the
> client.

I'm still examining the need/use-case for using mustache vs plain JSP for a light-load server.
 I can definitely see the value for something that has
high load, wanting to offset processing on the client side, but for light load, I haven't
been convinced yet that logic-less templates have advantage
over JSP models.

> But I'd like to see tiles provide support for making this easier. A way
> to extend the tiles implementation of the composite-pattern out into the
> land of the client-side. We've had a number of discussions inside
> Finn.no on this and believe that it is possible. If this is something
> you'd like to help out with i can elaborate more our ideas. Within Finn
> i can't see any traction on this idea until next February at the
> earliest.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how to use Tiles over a basic level.  The lack of
documentation and complete examples (as opposed to small
snippets here and there) to show a full implementation make it a tougher learning curve than
I had anticipated or would have liked.  Once I get over
this hurdle, I'll see if there is a way I can contribute something back to the project.

Thanks,

Eric