tiles-users mailing list archives

From Eric B <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Infinite Loop using Regexp in definition
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 19:48:15 GMT
On 13-10-28 3:53 PM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:

> We use "REGEXP:([^.]+)\.([^.]+)", and don't come across this behaviour.
> But i would think should still cause the problem you describe above.
>
> I wonder if it's because of a custom DefinitionsFactory that skips
> anything beginning with "/WEB-INF/"… (see p5 of the article),
> Or something else with how our attribute renderers are defined…

I'm not sure, but it is possible.  I'd have to think about that a bit more, and try to figure
out the implications.  But I did not (yet) implement the
concepts you have on page 5 (ie: template definition injections) as I could not easily visualize
how that works out, and how it helps in the grand
scheme, but I may do so yet.

> Anyway, yes you should make the REGEXP something less greedy!
> The article has been updated. There i made it "REGEXP:[^/][^.]*" that is
> anything that doesn't start with a slash is considered a definitions
> name.

Certainly, but making the regex less greedy it resolved the issue.