tiles-users mailing list archives

From Mck <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to use Tiles roles in templates?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:35:56 GMT

> I'm trying to figure out how I can use template roles to use different template definitions
for different roles in my system.  I'm using Spring 3.2.4
> with Spring Security and Tiles 3.0.x.
>
> I see that in the template definitions, there is a "role" attribute.  Is there anyway
I can tie in the Spring Security roles to the Tiles roles?  ie:
> given a specific Spring Security role, only have specific templates available.

Eric,
 i'm not familar with the use of roles in Tiles.
 These roles are connected to the container managed security,
httpServletRequest.isUserInRole(..)

In the code you see this in action in

Attribute.isPermitted(request) which is called from
BasicTilesContainer.render(..)

So as long as request.isUserInRole(..) is working for you then so should
Tiles security.

~mck