tiles-users mailing list archives

From Eric B <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: OptionsRenderer not working
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 16:55:01 GMT
On 13-10-27 4:06 AM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:

>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: A matching list-attribute
>> name="my_opts" must be defined.
>
> Does the definition this request is using have in your tiles.xml the
> "myopts" list attribute defined?
>

>      <put-list-attribute name="myopts">
>          <add-attribute value="{1}"/>
>          <add-attribute value="common"/>
>      </put-list-attribute>
>

>>   From what I can tell, it would appear that the context that the
>> OptionsRenderer is receiving is not correct; the attributes and
>> cascadedAttributes are both null, even though they should be set.
>> However, I have been unable to trace why this is happening.
>

> Odd. Can you post your tiles.xml.
> (Or post a reproducible test-case to the issue).
> This does sounds like something rather trivial to fix, but i need a
> little more information still.

Here is my tiles.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Tiles Configuration
3.0//EN" "http://tiles.apache.org/dtds/tiles-config_3_0.dtd">
<tiles-definitions>

<definition name="REGEXP:([^.]+)" template="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/layouts/default.jsp">
     <put-attribute name="meta" value="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/${options[defaults]}/meta.jsp"/>
     <put-attribute name="head" value="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/${options[defaults]}/head.jsp"/>
     <put-attribute name="header" value="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/${options[defaults]}/header.jsp"/>
     <put-attribute name="menu" value="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/${options[defaults]}/menu.jsp"/>
     <put-attribute name="body" value="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/${options[defaults]}/body.jsp"/>
     <put-attribute name="footer" value="/WEB-INF/views/tiles/${options[defaults]}/footer.jsp"/>

	<put-list-attribute name="defaults">
		<add-attribute value="{1}"/>
		<add-attribute value="common"/>
	</put-list-attribute>
</definition>
</tiles-definitions>

What I've noticed is in the following stacktrace, getContext(request) is null, and consequently,
a new BasicAttributeContext() is created and pushed
onto the stack.  But the context is empty, and any attempt to retrieve attributes from it
are all null.

I presume the concept is that the contexts are stackable; if no attribute is found in the
top context, that it should search through the stack for the
first context that has a matching attribute, that does not seem to be happening.

Daemon Thread [http-bio-8880-exec-3] (Suspended (breakpoint at line 143 in BasicTilesContainer))

	owns: SocketWrapper  (id=457)
	BasicTilesContainer.getAttributeContext(Request) line: 143
	BasicTilesContainer.render(Definition, Request) line: 231
	BasicTilesContainer.render(String, Request) line: 221
	DefinitionRenderer.render(String, Request) line: 59
	TilesView.renderMergedOutputModel(Map<String,Object>, HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse)
line: 145
	TilesView(AbstractView).render(Map<String,?>, HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse)
line: 263
	DispatcherServlet.render(ModelAndView, HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse) line: 1208

	DispatcherServlet.processDispatchResult(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse, HandlerExecutionChain,
ModelAndView, Exception) line: 992
	DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse) line: 939
	DispatcherServlet.doService(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse) line: 856
	DispatcherServlet(FrameworkServlet).processRequest(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse)
line: 936
	DispatcherServlet(FrameworkServlet).doGet(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse) line:
827
	DispatcherServlet(HttpServlet).service(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse) line: 621

	DispatcherServlet(FrameworkServlet).service(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse) line:
812
	DispatcherServlet(HttpServlet).service(ServletRequest, ServletResponse) line: 728
	ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ServletRequest, ServletResponse) line: 305
	ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ServletRequest, ServletResponse) line: 210
	FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(ServletRequest, ServletResponse) line: 330
	FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterInvocation) line: 118
	FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(ServletRequest, ServletResponse, FilterChain) line: 84

Indeed, if I put a breakpoint in the BasicTilesContext.getContext() method, and search through
through contextStack, I see that the top context is
empty and the second in the list has the entire tiles.xml data in the attributes.  But I am
not entirely clear on how/when these contexts are pushed
onto the stack, and why only the top level context is being examined and not the whole stack.

I'll see if I can put together a small sample app that demonstrates the issue, but not sure
how fast I'll be able to do that.

Can you give me additional information on how the Contexts are working and if my analysis
is correct?

Thanks,

Eric