tiles-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: Tiles 2.2.2 and portlets
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:52:01 GMT
On 12-08-15 02:37 PM, Ephemeris Lappis wrote:
> I think It's likely impossible anyway in portlets, since, for what I
> know, there's no standard way to get the servlet request from the
> portlet requests (action, render), and attributes set on these seem to
> be local and not visible from Tiles...

You can't get the ServletRequest from the PortletRequest indeed, but
when you call requestDispatcher.include on the URL of a servlet, that
servlet receives a ServletRequest. And I believe this ServletRequest
comes with the same attributes that were set on the RenderRequest.

You say these attributes are not visible from Tiles... where are they
visible then? Are they visible from JSPs? I think you may be confusing
"definition attributes" with "request attributes", both are visible from
Tiles in different ways.

> The last point I want to check is the way a pure servlet filter will be
> activated depending on the portlet container or the application server,
> and the possible interferences between distinct portlet web applications...

I can't help here... But please let us know of your findings, if this is
indeed the mainstream way of using Portlets, we should probably make
Tiles compatible with it.

Good luck
Nick