tiles-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: Usage of Tiles 2.2 with Struts 1.x compatibility - Reg
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:57:56 GMT
That's the easiest way if you can use a snapshot version.

Alternatively, you can setup TilesDispatchServlet as indicated here:
http://tiles.apache.org/2.2/framework/tutorial/advanced/utils.html

Then, instead of refering to tiles definitions by name in
struts-config.xml (<forward name="success" path="my.tile.definition"/>),
you can use their URL (<forward name="success"
path="/my.tile.definition.tiles"/>). It's a bit more work, but it
doesn't require any additional jar file.

Hope this help,
Nick

On 12-07-31 12:04 AM, Shrinivas Parashar wrote:
> Tiles 2 is not Supported by Struts 1.3.x . 1.4.x was supposed to support tiles 2, but
never released . But you can get struts-tiles2-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar from Struts website, using
which you can integrate Struts 1 with Tiles 2.

> Regards,
> Shrinivas

added tiles-defs.xml to the project. But couldn't get the relation towards the struts-config.xml
to the tiles-defs.xml.

> Is Tiles 2.2 compatible with struts 1.x? Can some one please guide me in proper direction
or provide me samples to integrate Tiles 2.2 in our Struts 1.x project?

> Any kind of help would be appreciated at the earliest as we need to prepare a demo in
a couple of days.

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Purushotham Reddy
> Aspire Systems || India
> Tel:+91 -44-67404000
> www.aspiresys.com<http://www.aspiresys.com>
> [cid:image001.jpg@01CD6B1B.0B517830]
>
> This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message.