tiles-users mailing list archives

From Sundeep Bhuvanagiri <sundeep.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I18nFactorySet in Tiles 2.2
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 12:00:20 GMT
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I checked and found that we have only one
tiles-defs.xml and I edited it to according to the changes mentioned
at http://tiles.apache.org/framework/migration/configuration.html.
That aside, I removed the property from the bean I first posted, it
looks like this after removal

<bean id="tilesConfigurer"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2.TilesConfigurer">

        <property name="definitions">

            <list>

                <value>/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml</value>

            </list>

        </property>

</bean>

Then I started my app. Got some exceptions - found that few jars were
missing(I've included only tiles-core, tiles-api and tiles-servlet by
then). Added the remaining jars and my application came up! Thanks to
you, I'm past a big hurdle now and we now have Tiles 2.2! And Yes, it
is supported out of the box.

I've noticed that a few things in UI are not showing up(like borders,
icons, etc.), may be few things didn't reconnect properly post the
upgrade. I think I should be able to figure them out. I know where to
come should I face any problems :).

I had one other doubt - The Tiles main page shows that the highest
version is 3.0.x, but I could find to download only 2.2, which is
mentioned as the last GA. So, is 3.0 not GAed yet?

Thank you,

Sundeep

Hi,

Not quite sure about it, but I think I18nFactorySet is only needed in
struts-tiles to support localized tiles-defs.xml files (i.e.
tiles-defs_en.xml, tiles-defs_fr.xml, etc...).

If this is indeed the case, good news: this is supported out of the box
in tiles 2, no need for a "factory set".

Did I address your concern?

Nick.

PS: if you set "completeAutoload=true", you should be aware of this bug
when mixing wildcards and l10n: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TILES-547.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Sundeep Bhuvanagiri <sundeep.nitw@gmail.com