tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles 2.1.4 /Struts 2.2.3 / EL Expressions
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 08:24:03 GMT
2011/11/9 Jose Luis Martinez Avial <jlmartinez@pb-santander.com>

>                Now I want to use the following expression on the
> definition:
>

>       <put-attribute name="pane-title"
> expression="${getText('Dashboard.label')}" cascade="true"/>

I am not absolutely sure, but I suppose that getText is a private EL
function of Struts 2. Since Tiles  is not Struts 2, there is no way to use
it.
Only standard EL expressions are available.
Anyway, instead of doing a "put-attribute" of the title itself, do a
"put-attribute" of the title key, import the attribute and then use
<s:property> to retrieve the value from the bundle.

Antonio