tiles-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: Running tiles 3.0 outside of a servlet environment
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 00:36:14 GMT
Thanks Antonio for your advice.

I can see the references to servlets in [5] et [6]; I'm not sure if they
serve any practical purpose any more in tiles 3.0 and I believe I can
remove them easily enough.

However javax.servlet.* is referered to in the renderers themselves:
tiles-request-freemarker [7] and tiles-request-velocity [8]. That's why
I'm using custom renderers. And the autotags depend on [7] and [8], too.

Now I'm not quite sure what your advice is. You seem to suggest that I
just drop the current implementation and bind the autotags directly to
custom renderers, but at the same time you say I don't need custom
renderers... What did I miss?

Nick

[7]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tiles/framework/trunk/tiles-request/tiles-request-freemarker/