tiles-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Running tiles 3.0 outside of a servlet environment
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 23:23:09 GMT
Hi,

I've been looking for a way to generate a web site from source files in
different languages (HTML, markdown, bbcode, plain text...), both online
and offline.

After playing around a bit with Tiles 3.0 (from trunk), I think it comes
pretty close to the mark. By using custom renderers and a custom Request
class, I can include my foreign content into my webapp and run the
container outside of a servlet environment... except for one thing: the
tiles taglib.

JSP will never run outside of a servlet container of course, but
freemarker and velocity should. Except I believe the way they are
implemented in tiles forces the use of servlets. Am I wrong (that would
be wonderful)?

Would it take a lot to refactor the servlet api out of tiles-freemarker
and tiles-velocity ? It seems to me that very few classes would be
impacted. Of course, the configuration would be entirely different.

Thanks for your help
Nick