tiles-users mailing list archives

From Kai <...@ich-geh-kaputt.de>
Subject Re: EL-Expression in definition ignores page-scope
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:02:20 GMT
Am 10.10.2011 17:58, schrieb Kai:
Sorry, I was in a hurry, when I was writing this...

>> No. As I understand, you have two choices:
>> * defining several definitions using list.jsp as a template page, in
>> which
>> the "dynamic" attribute is redefined each time (but probably this is what
>> you are trying to avoid, or not?);
> No, I am only trying to define several versions of the template
> list.jsp, which only differ in the <t:insertAttribute
> template="dynamic-X.jsp">-part.

I meant:

I am only trying to _avoid_ several versions of the template "list.jsp",
that only differ in the insertAttribute-part.

> Indead, defining several definitions using list.jsp as a template is
And:

Indead, defining several definitions, that are using the same "list.jsp"
as template is ecactly, what I am trying to do.

> exactly, what I am trying to do. I only don't know, how to feed in the
> dynamicly "computed" picture-instance, which is only accessible in the
> forEach-Loop!
>
>> * using a view preparer for the definition that computes the attribute to
>> put as "dynamic" attribute.
>>
> This might be the best way.
> But on a quick glance at the ViewPreparer-Interface ant its two
> arguments TilesRequestContext and AttributeContext, I couldn't figure
> out, how I counld access the picture-instance, which lives inside the
> nested scope of the forEach-Loop, from there...

Greetings Kai