tiles-users mailing list archives

From kape <erlend.so...@gmail.com>
Subject Reusing template(s) external to application with Tiles
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:39:40 GMT
I'm a front-end developer and am not too comfortable with Java.  I would like
to be able to use a JSP or Freemarker template, that resides in a different
application, in the tiles.xml definition.

We have several web applications that have common components, such as
headers and footers, and I would like to put the header and footer templates
in one application and reuse them in all other applications.

First, I can't figure out how to refer to an external template.

Second, how can I render variable and/or parameters in the external
template?  For example, if I want to render a Log In vs. Log Out link in the
common header based on whether the user is logged in or not, how can I do
that?

Can someone please help me by providing an example?