tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MutableTilesContainer
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 07:24:00 GMT
2011/9/8 Muneer Malik <tutti786@gmail.com>

> Is there an example how to create a Mutable tiles Container?
>
> I am trying to create a definition on a fly at run-time, Is there an
> example
> how to do this?
>
> In my web.xml I have;
>
> <listener>
>

> <listener-class>net.polymorphic.emr.common.listener.CustomTilesListener</listener-class>
> </listener>
> which is correctly loading all the tiles.xml
>
> but I am confused how to go about creating tiles definition at run time? at
> what point this code is rendered, do I need implement or extend any class?

In fact now I notice that the docs are a bit lacking about this aspect.
Anyway, you need eithet to use CompleteAutoloadTilesContainerFactory
(tiles-extras module) or create your own TilesContainerFactory that extends
BasicTilesContainerFactory and override "instantiateContainer" like here:
http://tiles.apache.org/2.2/framework/tiles-extras/xref/org/apache/tiles/extras/complete/CompleteAutoloadTilesContainerFactory.html#119
After that, you can create definitions either by using the API or using
taglibs. You can find the docs here:
http://tiles.apache.org/2.2/framework/tutorial/advanced/runtime.html

HTH
Antonio