tiles-users mailing list archives

From Aditya Saraf <adi.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException insertDefinition.startTag
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:33:17 GMT
Antonio,

I was not using the <tiles:setCurrentContainer> tag, because all calls to
the definitions are within the same application context. However, I did put
the <tiles:setCurrentContainer> tag in the problematic file above the
<tiles:insertDefinition> tag and I got a different error.

org.apache.tiles.impl.NoSuchContainerException: The container with the key
'null' cannot be found
org.apache.tiles.jsp.context.JspUtil.setCurrentContainer(JspUtil.java:183)
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.definition.SetCurrentContainerTag.doTag(SetCurrentContainerTag.java:65)
org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_005fsetCurrentContainer_005f0(index_jsp.java:65)
Why is the container key defaulting to be null? From documentation it says
that if the containerKey attribute is not specified then the default
containerKey is assumed.

Thanks,
Adi Saraf

--