tiles-users mailing list archives

From Pistis Valentino <vale.pis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (Struts1 + Struts2.2.3) + Tiles2.0.6
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:53:44 GMT

http://www.vaannila.com/struts-2/struts-2-example/struts-2-tiles-example-1.html
> and many others, but I have persistently this error:
>
> ======================================
> Struts Problem Report
>
> Struts has detected an unhandled exception:
>
> Messages:
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Error executing tag: Attribute
> 'header' not found.

How are you invoking the "aboutPage2" definition? I don't see any action at
all in your struts.xml, nor a result type for Tiles.

Antonio

Ciao Antonio,

thank you for the response, only today i'm subscribed to the maillist...and
i read the response fortunately viewing the archive mail list...

For invoking the action I used a Convention Plugin for Struts2, i use the
tags into the action.
And I'm sure, before using tiles, the aboutPage2 without using tiles it's
ok, and the jsp was writing entirely into 1 page jsp without any other
"tile", except javascript and css.

This is the code for the action with convention plugin tags:

package it.dom.app.struts2;

import it.dom.app.businessObjects.base.HibernateSession;

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DatabaseMetaData;
import java.sql.SQLException;

import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
import org.apache.struts2.convention.annotation.Action;
import org.apache.struts2.convention.annotation.Result;
import org.hibernate.Session;
import org.hibernate.cfg.Settings;
import org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProvider;
import org.hibernate.engine.SessionFactoryImplementor;

import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;

//@ParentPackage(value = "struts2")
public class AboutPage2Action extends ActionSupport {

/**
* A generated Serial Version ID
*/
private static final Log log = LogFactory.getLog(AboutPage2Action.class);

Session hibSession = HibernateSession.currentSession();

// Per recuperare il nome del database
final SessionFactoryImplementor sessionFactoryImplementor =
(SessionFactoryImplementor) hibSession
.getSessionFactory();

final Settings settings = sessionFactoryImplementor.getSettings();

ConnectionProvider connectionProvider = settings.getConnectionProvider();

Connection connection = null;
DatabaseMetaData databaseMetaData = null;
String dbUserName = null;
String dbVersion = null;
String dbDriverName = null;
String dbDriverVersion = null;

/**
* Il metodo execute e' molto piu' semplice rispetto a Struts, inoltre non
* e' necesario usare un ActionForm per il passaggio dei dati.
*/
@Action(value = "/protected/about2", results = {
@Result(location = "/pages/struts2/aboutPage2.jsp", name = "success")
})
public String execute() {

try {
connection = connectionProvider.getConnection();
databaseMetaData = connection.getMetaData();
dbUserName = databaseMetaData.getUserName();
dbVersion = databaseMetaData.getDatabaseProductVersion();
dbDriverName = databaseMetaData.getDriverName();
dbDriverVersion = databaseMetaData.getDriverVersion();

connection.close();
log.info("Ho appena letto i dati e chiuso la connessione!");
addActionMessage("Ho appena letto i dati e chiuso la connessione!");

return SUCCESS;
} catch (SQLException e) {
log.error("Attenzione!! Problemi con la lettura dei dati dal DB per
AboutPage2!", e);
addActionError("Attenzione!! Problemi con la lettura dei dati dal DB per
AboutPage2!");
return ERROR;
} finally {
HibernateSession.closeSession();
}

}

public String getDbUserName() {
return dbUserName;
}

public void setDbUserName(String dbUserName) {
this.dbUserName = dbUserName;
}

public String getDbVersion() {
return dbVersion;
}

public void setDbVersion(String dbVersion) {
this.dbVersion = dbVersion;
}

public String getDbDriverName() {
return dbDriverName;
}

public void setDbDriverName(String dbDriverName) {
this.dbDriverName = dbDriverName;
}

public String getDbDriverVersion() {
return dbDriverVersion;
}

public void setDbDriverVersion(String dbDriverVersion) {
this.dbDriverVersion = dbDriverVersion;
}
}

If I'm wrong, please, help me... :)