tiles-users mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Tiles Future
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:32:20 GMT
Hello Apache Tiles Users,

It's no secret that the development of Apache Tiles has slowed down
dramatically over the last months. The Tiles PMC has unofficially
decided that it's time to move Tiles to the Apache Attic [1]. If you
are actively using Tiles in your projects I would strongly suggest you
investigate the material about the attic to see what that means for
you. In short, it means that there will be no future releases of the
Tiles project, no support from the mailing lists, and I don't know
that current releases are guaranteed to remain available. However, as
with all Apache-licensed projects you are free to pull the source code
and do almost anything you want with it (outside of calling your
forked project "Tiles").

If you are unhappy with this development there is still time to change
course. If you want to see development of Apache Tiles continue,
please subscribe to the dev@ list immediately and introduce yourself
and mention what you would like to do to help. There are currently no
active committers on the project, but I would count it a joy to mentor
some new committers and help bring you up to speed on the project and
the Apache Way. The attic resolution will not be brought to the Apache
Board of Directors before the mid-July meeting. If we do not have any
further progress by then I suspect the project will move to the attic
at that time.

Thank you for making Apache Tiles what it is today.
Greg Reddin