tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles Cache Memory Usage
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 13:54:13 GMT
2011/3/1 Boudreau, Pierre <Pierre.Boudreau@t4g.com>:
> We are using Tiles 2.1.2 in our application and have noticed that it is consuming a large
portion of the memory we have available on our servers.  While analyzing a heap dump, we
found out that most of this memory is held by CachingLocaleUrlDefinitionDAO, which has a HashMap
that holds a HashMap of all tiles definitions for each locale.  A separate copy of each definition
is held for each locale even if they are not localized.  In the heap dump I looked at, we
had 115 identical copies of the tiles definitions at an average of over 1 MB each.  This
was using over 150 MB of RAM when we only really need over 1 MB since none of our definitions
are localized.  Is there a way to configure Tiles to avoid this?  Has this been improved
in newer versions?

I am sorry, there is no improvement in this. The problem is that
CachingLocaleUrlDefinitionDAO caches, for each locale, the same
definition copies for faster performance.
It can be improved, but I cannot do it at present time. You can
prepare a patch though :-)

Antonio