tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Tiles definitions within one application
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:39:58 GMT
2011/1/24 Daniel Stefaniuk <daniel.stefaniuk@gmail.com>:
> I looked at the 'Defining Multiple Containers' in the documentation. Thanks,
> Antonio. However, I'm not sure how can I use it. Do I have to create a
> listener for each configuration file?

i can speak only of a "clean" Tiles way without Spring, sorry.
Anyway, you can use more than one lister, or the modular
initializer/listener together with one initializer for each section:
http://tiles.apache.org/framework/tutorial/configuration.html
(look at Modular Initialization at the end of the page).

> Then, how will I link it with an XML
> file?

You must use the pure Java configuration, create your
TilesContainerFactory to specify the URLs you want.

> Is there any real-world example on the web of this?

AFAIK, only the test webapp has a modular initialization.

Anyway, try to search in Spring docs (or source), probably there is a
way to use a configurer to initialize a non-default container.

Antonio