tiles-users mailing list archives

From Mck <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching specific Tiles.
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:35:23 GMT
On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 15:42 +0200, GF wrote:
> I wish to have something like
>
> <tiles:useAttribute name="header" cacheSeconds="3600" />
>
> In this way the header "HTML" will be cached for 1 hour.

I'm looking into integrating tiles with the ESI caching protocol,
particularly the esi:inline protocol (also using its "url" attribute as
used in oracle's implementation).

This won't provide any internal caching as you suggest. But would allow
an external web accelerator to fragment cache your pages, where your
fragments corresponded with your tiles attributes. To accelerate your
application you would then make it possible for the web accelerator to
fetch just those fragments typically stale by making the application
able to serve individual tiles attributes...

This is still in the investigation stage, but i'll post any updates.

~mck