tiles-users mailing list archives

From Ken <ken.mcwilli...@aerose.com>
Subject Struts 2.1.8.1 with tiles 2.1.4
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 23:07:36 GMT
I've been trying to get Struts and Tiles working together for a while
now, I have a working project using Struts 2 with the older Tiles 1
plugin (the only option they have) but in the process of upgrading
struts to 2.1.8.1 I decided to try to use tiles version 2.1.4...

I've tried following all kinds of examples, is there a clear tutorial or
example program that demonstrates the integration?  Even a clear example
of using any version tiles 2.x or greater.

Searching the web I've found many forums and blogs stating difficulties
in getting struts and tiles integrated (Tiles 2 that is)...

Today I found this thread:
http://www.manning-sandbox.com/message.jspa?messageID=79598
Where Scott Stanlick (an author of Struts 2 in action) has a 2.x version
working... that motivated me again... It's probably something simple so
I'll be back at it in the morning.

Here are some questions:
1) There is a struts2-tiles-plugin-2.1.8.1.jar included with Struts2...
Will it work with the current version of Tiles?
2) Can I configure tiles to work with struts but not as a plug in?  That
is tiles is stand alone... but still is able to catch the struts
results?

Sorry some of you will think this should be in the Struts forums,
perhaps it should be but rather than cross post I've decided to try here
first, this failing I'll try with the struts mailing list.  I'm half
expecting the struts plug-in not to be able to work with this version of
tiles and am hoping there is a clear way to use tiles to still do the
trick...