tiles-users mailing list archives

From heamaya <heam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2 Tiles 2 Freemarker Integration
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:12:35 GMT

Antonio Petrelli-3 wrote:

> If you are using Tiles 2.2.x, you can use native Freemarker support:
> http://tiles.apache.org/framework/tutorial/integration/freemarker.html

I'm using native freemarker support. In this case this line in the
freemarker layout.ftl template isn't necessary?  <#assign
tiles=JspTaglibs["http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles"]>

Antonio Petrelli-3 wrote:

> The TilesInitializerServlet does not need a servlet mapping. The
> Freemarker servlet needs to be mappend, for example, to *.ftl URLs.

I have removed the TilesInitializerServlet mapping and I have changed the
Freemarker to *.ftl

Antonio Petrelli-3 wrote:

> Please do not write in all capitals, it is considered rude.
> Anyway

I apologize for being rude, I didn't know capital letters were rude.

Antonio Petrelli-3 wrote:

> I don't recommend JSP anyway, choose what you prefer.

Why? What makes freemarker better?

Antonio Petrelli-3 wrote:

> I must confess that the best MVC integration with Tiles is with Spring
> MVC

I decided to use Struts 2 MVC because I like the way the view components it
has can be used and extended, in Spring MVC I would have to create
components from the start. Nevertheless, I'm using Spring with transaction
management, dependency injection or IoC and AOP