tiles-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization using Tiles
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 07:45:56 GMT
2010/5/12 Davinder Bains <davinder_bains@infosys.com>:
> I am using apache tiles not struts-tiles.

Version?

> I want to implement internationalization in tiles. I have made 3 definition
> files-layout-defs_en.xml,layout-defs_fr.xml and layout-defs.xml. By default
> it is going with the layout-defs_en.xml definition file. I want to know how
> will it switch the tiles definition files.

No, the default will be the one without any locale-specific
part-of-file-name. In your case, layout-defs.xml.

> I got to know a session attribute Locale, by which it is decided. I tried
> but not able to get the output.

If you are using Tiles 2.1.x, the default locale resolver is this one:
http://tiles.apache.org/2.1/framework/tiles-core/xref/org/apache/tiles/locale/impl/DefaultLocaleResolver.html

As you can see, it uses the "org.apache.tiles.LOCALE" attribute in
session or, if not found, it uses the requestor locale.
Take a look at the tutorial:
http://tiles.apache.org/2.1/framework/tutorial/advanced/l10n.html

Antonio