tiles-users mailing list archives

From Ken Bowen <kbo...@als.com>
Subject Problem switching to Tiles 2.2.1
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:09:19 GMT
Hi,

I'm attempting to move from Tiles 2.0.6 (used under Tomcat) to Tiles
2.2.1 intending to use it in a project running under Google App
Engine.  I'm using Eclipse Galileo with the Google plugin.  I
downloaded & unpacked tiles-2.2.1-bin.zip, and put the following jars
in WEB-INF/lib:

tiles-api-2.2.1.jar
tiles-core-2.2.1.jar
tiles-jsp-2.2.1.jar
tiles-servlet-2.2.1.jar
tiles-template-2.2.1.jar

And also these from the lib shpipped with tiles-2.2.1:

commons-beanutils-1.8.0.jar
commons-digester-2.0.jar
slf4j-api-1.5.8.jar

All of these jars are showing in the Eclipse build path for the project.

I copied my old Tiles servlet spec into web.xml:

    <servlet>
      <servlet-name>tiles</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesServlet</
servlet-class>
      <init-param>
          <param-name>

org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG
          </param-name>
          <param-value>
                /WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml,/org/apache/tiles/classpath-
defs.xml
          </param-value>
      </init-param>
      <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

However, when I run or debug web.xml in Eclipse, I get this WARNING:

WARNING: failed tiles
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getSingleton(LoggerFactory.java:223)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.bind(LoggerFactory.java:120)

When I unpack slf4j-api-1.5.8.jar, there are is no package org/slf4j/
impl.
So something is missing.  Where does org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder
come from?
Am I missing some configuration, or do I need to download something
else?

Thanks in advance,
Ken